Wednesday, August 29, 2012

blessings

original Aug. 24th '12
i'm coming here not quite sure what i want to say... well not formerly. i'm too tired to write something neat. but i'm just blown over by God's unfailing nature. trials have come and come, so hard and fast that i could barely find my footing. it was to the point that i didn't know if i could ever truly find up again. but now all of a sudden the clouds are parting again. and miracle of miracles i'm even seeing purpose for many of my thunderstorms... God is so faithful. my little victories- i have a job for sure now again this year when until today i was sweating it out. not only do i have a job but it wasn't even a struggle for my boss to decide if i could work for her. we finally have some dates for me traveling to iwakuni and it spans two holidays: the marine corps ball and thanksgiving. getting to spend special occassions with my husband means more than i can communicate. i get to see him again...
and that's the other thing that i can't get out of my head: my husband. we are both human, and far far from perfect but God really has blessed me. He's blessed me with a man with a soft heart. now i say that not meaning he is soft as a man. o no. he has a soft heart towards me as a woman, towards life that has constant lessons to learn and foremost to our Lord that whispers to our spirits in the stillness. he listens. his heart is pliable to the Master Potter's hands. how blessed i am to watch. it challenges me to have an even more teachable spirit. something that doesn't come naturally to any human but i feel especially me. "[pride] is strong with this one." at this moment i yearn for my Father to break me of it. i say that with knees knocking together because "breaking" is NEVER comfortable. but i know hardness is ugly and has painful jagged edges. i want my cracks smoothed out by His hands to not have any edges that might scratch or gouge people.
i am thankful for the blessings he has bestowed on me: a job, a date when i will see my love again, and a love that i wouldn't trade for anything in the world with a man that body, mind and soul i will never be able to separate myself from.

2 comments:

overthinker said...

aaahh. your writings are a breath of fresh air! i've only had time to read this and the last, but thank you. thank you for continually drawing on Christ for strength. For choosing to see His goodness--it challenges me to do the same!

You're a gift in my life. And I know you are just as much a gift to Ben as he is to you.

Abi said...

I second what Dams said!