Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Newly Wilburn

original June 14th '12
It's early in the morning and I should be sleeping but before I make a concerted effort I just had to write a little bit. This past year as most of you know was a stretch of our faith... but He proved faithful. A dear mentor and father in the Lord gave me this verse soon after Benjamin left over a year and a half ago and it has been fulfilled in our life: 2 Tim. 1:12 For this reason I also suffer these things, but I am not ashamed; for I know whom I have believed and I am convinced that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him until that day. Thus I thank my God for this past year, with it's doubts, fears, fights, tears. I thank Him because it also brought laughs and memories that can never be replaced and a broadened view of our God. He CAN do it! He IS faithful! He's worthy of being entrusted with our plans, emotions, relationships, and heart. He won't sqash them. They may get bruised and cracked. But if they crack it's only so they can be remolded to a more beautiful shape to fit HIS mold, that of His Son's, Jesus Christ's image (2 Cor. 3:18; Rom. 8:29). We had to lay down our plans and desires this past year. My flesh kicked at not getting "what I wanted it, and when I wanted it. And i wanted it NOW!" But God began teaching us personally the lesson of John 12:24 "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit." If we die to ourselves, our plans and desires, and surrender to God's, we bear much fruit. I studied Matthew while Benjamin was away this past year, and the earnestness of John the Baptist's charge was imprinted on my heart: "bear fruit in keeping with repentance..." Matt. 3:8. Is my fruit habitually in keeping with repentance? Do I live a life consistent with my declaration of surrender from my own sinful way of life to the better (sometimes more difficult) plan of my heavenly Father's? Or do people still see me living for myself? Ouch! But God has blessed me with a man who fits me so well as to convict me most of the time (unless he feels like going easy on me ;)) when I do things not in accordance with the profession I've made.
And on that note... being newly Wilburn is... wonderful :) Would being together be even better? The understatement of the century. But we have faith that God will continue to teach us things by keeping us on our toes. It is such a blessing to be joined to a man who is hungry for God's heart. And, I could go on forever about him and about this next point but - young ladies "I adjure you, O daughters of Jerusalem, that you not stir up or awaken love until it pleases" because there is NOTHING like the blessing of doing it God's way. Yet our Lord we know is a God of restoration. Praise Him! Joel 2:25 "And I will restore to you the years the locusts have eaten..." How gracious is our God for looking out for every aspect of our lives. I am seeing and my heart quickens in anticipation of what a couple can do for the Lord. I love my husband and his leading us into the path our Lord has winnowed for us (Ps. 139:3).
Thank you ALL for praying for us this past year and now. Feeling the community surrounding us means the world to me... to us!
Love,
Mrs. Wesley Wilburn ;) hehe

No comments: