Sunday, November 23, 2008

God blows my mind!


funny, the verses that i automatically want to give for encouragement i find other's view as depressing or too heavy - not uplifting. again my family and friends' case is proved... i have weird taste. her mother and i do! hahaha <3


just thinking about... if we're gonna church up that, we'd say "meditating". oo i sound spiritual now : P ANYWAY thinking about 2 Corithians 5:21. I LOVE THAT VERSE!

"He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him."


so obviously we immediately think of Jesus dying on the cross - He was made sin for us who never knew it. now that's awesome, He would stoop to do that and experience an awful sensation He never had before, sin! but the part that really hits me is He did this, the perfect Son of God, God Himself, second Person of the Trinity, gave up this privilege and gave it to us. not only to us (giving a privilege) but in order that WE become the RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD! i don't think you got it the first time. Jesus purposefully gave up His job, a being who was perfection and purity itself, to humans, the emitimy of filthiness and depravity, to represent His Father's righteous nature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i don't know about you but that blows my mind. a spiritual bullet has been projected through my brain. and an amazing sense of awe and wonder and love and thankfulness and unworthiness swirls all together through that void now left by this new realization. our task is to showcase God's righteousness. it's all us now! we have the follow spot and the world is watching. and here comes the funny part. many i know would shudder with the sheer weight of this thought but it invigorates me. it gives me a focus and makes me want to push farther to be the embodiment of the Alpha and Omega's righteousness. it's an overwhelming responsibililty but it has been given to us. Jesus went through everything to give it up and i want to show Him His sacrifice was worth it. I never want Him to look at me and think, "shame, i died for her and she has little to show for it"! never never never!!! He trusted lil ol' me enough with His righteousness and i'm gonna make the most of it! no words can express my love for my - MY - Saviour!


by the way, the song i'm listening to now, pretty amazing - your guardian angel by red jumpsuit apparatus


When I see your smile

Tears run down my face I can't replace

And now that I'm strong I have figured out

How this world turns cold and it breaks through my soul

And I know I'll find deep inside me I can be the one

I will never let you fall

I'll stand up with you forever

I'll be there for you through it all

Even if saving you sends me to heaven

It's okay. It's okay. It's okay.

Seasons are changing

And waves are crashing

And stars are falling all for us

Days grow longer and nights grow shorter

I can show you I'll be the one

I will never let you fall (let you fall)

I'll stand up with you forever

I'll be there for you through it all (through it all)

Even if saving you sends me to heaven

Cuz you're my, you're my, my, my true love, my whole heart

Please don't throw that away

Cuz I'm here for you

Please don't walk away and

Please tell me you'll stay, stay

Use me as you will

Pull my strings just for a thrill

And I know I'll be okay

Though my skies are turning gray

I will never let you fall

I'll stand up with you forever

I'll be there for you through it all

Even if saving you sends me to heaven

1 comment:

Abi said...

yes.
and good song too