Saturday, May 10, 2008

enough!


Dear Void,

When is "enough" enough. There are times we hear people speaking about chasing your dreams and waiting for the best you can get. Then other times we are instructed to keep to the task at hand. "Dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness". So my utter perplexity is vacillating between holding out or dwelling in. When things are laid in my lap is God saying "here now let's see how well you can use this to My glory" or "this is a test to see how fast you can pass that hot potato"? Do I camp or drive through the night? Ok Ok enough with the cheesy analogies. In all seriousness, I think it's a valid question for us all to put to varying situations in our lives. Unfortunately the answer is a little illusive. Through a constant dwelling on the Saviour's face, we may finally be able to make sense of our earthly life. "Focus on the eternal"! "Focus on the King"! As one of my favorite hymns says, "Turn your eyes upon Jesus and the things of this earth will grown strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace"!!!! O come Lord Jesus, come!! The only way to find true clarity in life is to intimately know Clarity Himself. For in Him there is no shadow or turning. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever! Hallelujah!


I've had enough of living life for only me

and reaching just for the things that keep destroying me

So sick of envying the lives of so many I've seen

somehow believing that they have what I need


My God's enough for me

This world has nothing I need

In this whole life I've seen

My God's enough for me


I can't explain why

I suffer though I live for You

Those who deny You

they have it better than I do

Cover my eyes now

so that my heart can finally see

that in the end only You mean anything


Who have I in heaven but You

Nothing I desire above You

My heart may fail but not you

You are mine forever

1 comment:

Abi said...

dear soul!
Your heart is focused on the King, all else will fall into place